Sunday, January 14, 2018

Hedgehugs Mirror Image Technique

     Have you ever wished that a stamp was facing the other way instead? Well that's what I wanted to do as soon as I saw the Hedgehugs stamp set...I wish those cute critters were facing the other way too! I have an image in my mind of two hedgehogs facing each other and holding a heart in between...so I had to learn how to do mirror image stamping!
     
     I tried a variety of techniques...from using a piece of window sheet, the flat back of a stamp, to using a stamping material designed for my cutting machine. None of them worked as well as using my embossing mat on my stamp positioning tool. The embossing mat just provided enough cushion and is less slippery than the other materials I tried so there is less chance of smearing. 
          I enjoyed this technique so much that I made two cards with it! Watch my video tutorial below and see how easy it is to do this technique. I already have another card in mind for using this technique again. Until then, see you next time and have a lovely day crafters!

No comments:

Post a Comment